Thursday, April 16, 2009

Blogging, Facebooking, Skyping and Tweeting....wow!

Hi everybody!

Well I just wanted to say that I think this is a great idea. Since we cannot get together everyweek for dinner or even see eachother during the holidays, I think this is the next best thing to share all the stories and memories we have. Though I am definitly a blogger "newbie", I think this is something that I will really enjoy; as most of you know I like to talk. Though I am only familiar with Facebook and do not have not yet entered the "Tweeting" world and do not plan to this and Skype seem to be great means of communication. I am excited to be a part of this and share my stories and memories with everyone as well.

I also wanted to reply to Andrea's post about Headacher because I could not agree with her more. I thought the tear-down would also trigger some emotion for me but I was surprised when it really didn't, it was more of an excitement. I made a comment to Rosey that without the people in it, it was just a building or structure to me. Each family member or friend that had been through the camp or stayed at the camp really made it "The Camp". When we are all there having a drink on the dock or playing cards in the living room, or just relaxing on the swinging chairs in the front porch, that is the camp to me. I know that this may be different for some people and they may not share the same feelings that I do. I know that regardless of the building we are in, the same memories and stories will be there with us. I will never forget the smells of baking in the kitchen, the smell of the shed and the smell of the bedding in early spring (you know the mothball one).

I could go on and on but it might turn into a novel of some kind and would not be good. So in closing, I am excited use this and share whatever I can. Love to everybody near and far!

No comments:

Post a Comment