Friday, April 10, 2009

Our Story Archive

Throughout this week, Rosie has been sending pictures of the old cottage demolition at Headacher. She expressed the mixed emotions that are coming with this project and how hard it is to see the old place go. My response to her was that the essence of Headacher will remain and all that is happening is that camp is getting a new dress and a new pair of shoes!

I was thinking about the changes on our way up to the farm today. The reason that the essence of Headacher will remain no matter what structures are on the property is because of the stoires and the memories. Nancy is our photo archivist but we don't have a story archive.

I have been toying with the idea of setting up a blog for awhile but did not really know what I would talk about. Big-city-lawyer-girl turned farmer/renovator came to mind but there is almost too much material! Today on the drive I had one of those ah-ha moments. We were listening to Spark on CBC and I was inspired set up this blog as our story archive. As the KM professional in the family, this probably should have occurred to me earlier but hey, better late than never!

Blogging is not that hard, as Elaine and Bruce have demonstrated with their wonderful postings from Vietnam. I am hopeful that the rest of us can pick up the blogging habit and build our family threads for the enjoyment of those of us reading them now and those of us who will read them in the future. The stories can be long or short, old or new, first hand or family legend and about immediate or extended family. Several of us have edit rights to the blog to add posts and stories. If I left you out and your story genie is dying to get out, let me know.

That's it. I am now unleashing the blog! Go forth and tell your stories...

1 comment:

  1. Xin Chao Andrea
    What a great idea!!! Even though I have been bloggong for two years I did not realize that one could ask others to "join"...will have to figure this out. Does it mean that we can all submit posts???
    Much love,
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete